Terms and Conditions
The following is a description of the terms on which Goodman Products, LLC. (Republic of Sleep) offers you our services and allows you access and use of our website.
Welcome to Republic of Sleep. By using the services on the Republic of Sleep websites (Republic of Sleep and other related websites, joint ventures and subsidiaries) (the “Sites”), you are agreeing to the following terms with Republic of Sleep and the general principles for the websites of our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Before you may use the Republic of Sleep website and services, you must read and accept all of the terms and conditions in this User Agreement. The agreement that applies on any of our domains and subdomains is always the agreement that appears in the footer of each website.
This Agreement is effective upon acceptance for new users and on September 10, 2019, for all existing users.
Use of Republic of Sleep
While using Republic of Sleep, you will not:
- post content of an inappropriate nature on the Sites; violate any laws, third party rights, or any of our policies;
- use Republic of Sleep, if you are below the age of 18, if you are unable to form legally binding contracts, or if you are temporarily or permanently suspended from Republic of Sleep;
- manipulate the price of any product or item listed on Republic of Sleep;
- manipulate or circumnavigate our fees, our billing activities and processes, or fees owed to Republic of Sleep;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information);
- engage in any action that may weaken or sabotage the User Review or User Ratings System such as exhibiting, importing or exporting Review data off of Republic of Sleep or by using it for some other purpose not related to Republic of Sleep;
- transfer your Republic of Sleep account to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- use any form(s) of technology (at our sole discretion) that might cause harm to Republic of Sleep, or to the interests or property of Republic of Sleep users;
- duplicate, change, or disseminate content from Republic of Sleep and our copyrights and trademarks; gather, compile, or in any way collect information about users, including email addresses, without first obtaining such user’s express consent;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation a Republic of Sleep employee or agent, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- register or use any email address that you do not own or for which you do not have the express permission of the owner to register with Republic of Sleep.
Abuse of Republic of Sleep
Republic of Sleep works together with its users to keep Republic of Sleep operating properly and to help safeguard its users as much as possible. Please report to us any issues, inappropriate or offensive content, and violations of our policies.
Republic of Sleep may suspend, deactivate, limit, or cancel our service and user accounts, impede or restrict access to our website, defer, or delete hosted content, and utilize technological methods or legal means to keep users off of Republic of Sleep, if in our sole discretion, we think that they are causing issues, potential legal liabilities, or are acting in a manner inconsistent with the letter or spirit of our policies and this Agreement. We may do this without limiting other possible remedies. We also have the ability to terminate user accounts that have no activity for a long period of time.
Republic of Sleep reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We may, at our sole discretion, mark any customer or account “Do Not Provide”. Should this occur, we will continue to provide warranty and other related services as required by law, however, we will not sell any further products to the “Do Not Provide” customer.
By submitting communications or content to any part of this Site where such content would be viewable by the public (e.g. posting on a public forum/bulletin board or public chat or other public communication), you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. Any submission to this Web site will be deemed and remain the property of Republic of Sleep. You grant or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted
Republic of Sleep a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide non-exclusive license to use, copy, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed.
Usage of Content
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this web site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, videos are copyrighted by and proprietary to Goodman Products, LLC(Republic of Sleep), and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Republic of Sleep’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the website. The user may also make a single copy of the Content displayed on any page of the website to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of Republic of Sleep, provided that the user does not remove any trademarks, copyright and any other notice contained in such content.
We may also use 3rd party information, photos, or videos from manufacturers for marketing or informational purposes of the products we sell on Republic of Sleep. Any use of these 3rd party information, photos, or videos by a Republic of Sleep user will require that they get the appropriate consent from the responsible 3rd party prior to using those 3rd party images or information.
No Medical Advice; No Guarantees
You recognize and agree that the content made available through Republic of Sleep is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be taken and should not in any way be construed as medical advice or counseling or as the practice of medicine or as the creation of a physician-patient relationship with Republic of Sleep. Users should never use any Republic of Sleep resources in place of seeking professional advice from a licensed medical practitioner. We make no guarantees, promises, or predictions of success regarding any of the products, services or resources offered through Republic of Sleep.
Right To Refuse Service On All Orders
Goodman Products, LLC (Republic of Sleep) reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime at our sole discretion. In the case where we discontinue service we will continue to honor any warranty obligations as required by law.
Republic of Sleep will ship International orders to all countries except Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Spain (due to customs laws in Spain).
The customer is responsible for determining, managing and paying any and all taxes and duties associated with an International transaction through Republic of Sleep. Republic of Sleep will not pay and cannot quote taxes and duties. Republic of Sleep reserves the right to refuse any International order it determines does not meet our requirements.
Warranties will be honored on all products purchased through Republic of Sleep however the customer is responsible for any and all International shipping charges related to returning an item for repair, replacement, or service and if necessary, any and all International shipping charges for sending it back to the customer.
Limitation of Liability
Republic of Sleep will not be held responsible by you for other user’s actions or inactions, including things posted by said users. Additionally, in no event shall Republic of Sleep guarantee constant or secure access to our websites or services, and normal functioning of Republic of Sleep may be interfered with or disrupted by numerous factors beyond the scope of our control. Also, according to the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of your use of Republic of Sleep. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to $100.
You agree to release Republic of Sleep, trustees, officers, agents, directors, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, real or imaginary, arising out of or in any way connected to a dispute with Republic of Sleep.
Access and Interference
Much of the information on the Republic of Sleep website is updated in actual time and is exclusive to the owners or is licensed by third parties for our users to Republic of Sleep. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or any other automated means to access the Republic of Sleep website for any purpose without first obtaining our express written permission.
You also agree that you will not:
- take any action, in our sole discretion, that imposes or might possibly impose an unreasonable or excessive load on the Republic of Sleep framework;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content from Republic of Sleep without the prior expressed written permission of Republic of Sleep and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere with or try to meddle, tamper, or obstruct the proper and correct functioning of Republic of Sleep or any activities carried out on Republic of Sleep; or
- circumvent or use any other method to bypass the security measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to Republic of Sleep.
If you use this site and create an account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you are under 18, you may use Republic of Sleep only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Republic of Sleep reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Once a sale has occurred, Republic of Sleep is bound by law to retain information necessary to meet manufacturer related FDA recalls and government regulatory requests. Upon request, we will set your account inactive. Inactive accounts are inaccessible via the My Account feature and no additional orders can be placed or charges can be made to inactive accounts.
In the event a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Republic of Sleep shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product or service listed at the incorrect price. Republic of Sleep shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the payment has already been made. If you have already paid for the order and your order is canceled by Republic of Sleep, Republic of Sleep shall issue a refund.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from Republic of Sleep are made pursuant to a shipment agreement. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Republic of Sleep attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Republic of Sleep does not warrant that product descriptions or other content on this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Please contact us to let us know if you find an error or discrepancy anywhere on Republic of Sleep.
Insurance and Insurance Claims
Republic of Sleep does not accept assignment. We are not a provider for any insurance company or health care organization. Republic of Sleep does not file any insurance claims for any reason.
You agree to indemnify and hold Republic of Sleep, trustees, officers, agents, directors, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, use of our website, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created between you and Republic of Sleep by this Agreement.
Except as specifically stated elsewhere, legal notices shall be served on Republic of Sleep’s national registered agent or to the email address you provide to Republic of Sleep during the registration or ordering process. Notice shall be considered given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Additionally, you may be served legal notice by mail to the address(es) on file with your Republic of Sleep account. In such case, notice shall be considered given 72 hours after the date of mailing.
Resolution of Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Republic of Sleep, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and Republic of Sleep agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a “Claim”) in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Law and Forum for Disputes: This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Texas as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Texas between Texas residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Republic of Sleep must be resolved by a court located in Fort Bend County, Texas, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Fort Bend County, Texas for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Option: For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims: All claims you bring against Republic of Sleep must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, Republic of Sleep may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1000, provided that Republic of Sleep has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
Returns and Warranty
All returns must be approved with a Return Authorization Number. Please call our Customer Service Team at 1-877-258-7581 to obtain a Return Authorization Number. Provide the following information when calling:
- Item Number
- Original Order Number
- Product Serial Number/Lot Number
- Reason for Return
The Return Authorization Number must be marked clearly on the returned carton and is valid for 10 business days from the date of issue. Returned merchandise must be in the same unit of measure as originally purchased. Return Labels or Call Tags can be issued by our customer service department to return merchandise. Associated fees and return freight charges will apply. All returns of drop-shipped items are subject to a restocking fee as well as inbound and outbound freight charges.
All products purchased direct from Republic of Sleep are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials. Republic of Sleep will refund the purchase price to the original purchaser for the price of the defective product, or replace the product with a new or factory certified refurbished product at Republic of Sleep’s expense. If Republic of Sleep determines in its sole reasonable discretion that the Product does not contain defective workmanship or materials, Republic of Sleep will inform the Purchaser and return the product, freight billed to the purchaser.
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles and headings in this Agreement are for reference or convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect and in no way limit the scope or extent of such section. Failure of Republic of Sleep to take action in regards to a violation of this Agreement by you or others in no way waives our rights to take action with respect to subsequent or similar violations. In no way do we guarantee that we will take action against all violations of this Agreement. Republic of Sleep is located at 13235 N Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477.
We may make changes or amendments to this Agreement at any time by posting the amendments on Republic of Sleep. All changes to this Agreement shall automatically become effective